Open Wide® Reusable Mouth Prop
The novel Open Wide® Reusable Mouth Prop with Wraparound handle is ideal for patients who have difficulty in keeping their mouths open and / or likely try to dislodge a prop or wedge with their tongue; its’ distinctive ‘wraparound handle’ allows for full control of both the mouth prop and patient’s mandible at the same time. As the handle curves away from the mouth it neither blocks nor hinders oral access, allowing the clinician to maintain control whilst preserving patient comfort and safety.
An innovative ‘receptor hole’ located within the core of the prop is designed to secure / hold an optional saliva ejector in place without requiring a second set of hands, making it easier for ‘two-handed dentistry’.
The Open Wide® Reusable Mouth Prop is made from a crush-resistant plastic and over-moulded with a soft Latex-free material; the head and handle are permanently bonded together for safety and the device contains no metal parts to interfere with x-rays; unlike traditional rubber ‘wedges, it can be repeatedly autoclaved / steam sterilised without getting “gummy” or sticky.
The Open Wide® Re-Usable Mouth Prop is not sterile when packaged and can be steam sterilised (autoclaved) at a maximum temperature of 285 F (140.5 C). Please follow instructions provided by the autoclave manufacturer regarding recommended time required to achieve asepsis.
- Inventive ‘wrap around’ handle is designed to curve away from mouth, doesn’t block oral access and allows for full control of the prop and mandible at the same time.
- Cleverly designed “through the hole” receptor secures standard saliva ejector in place without the need for a second pair of hands.
- Made from highly crush-resistant hard plastic ‘over moulded’ with a soft, latex-free material
- Latex free, the head and handle are permanently bonded together for safety and contains no metal parts
- Can be repeatedly autoclaved / steam sterilised without getting ‘gummy’ or sticky like traditional wedges
- Feedback from dental professionals suggest mouth prop is most effective when the largest size that is comfortable for the patient is used.
- Available in pack of 3 colour coded props in small, medium and large sizes, or packs of small and medium props.
Download the latest brochure
Find out more
Open Wide® Reusable Mouth Prop
The Molini™ Mouth Opener used in conjunction with a proper head grip helps keep the mouth open, even for non-cooperating patients; acts as a wedge to help open the mouth, the trim design allows for greater visibility.
The Open Wide® Disposable Mouth Prop / Mouth Rest is an excellent adjunct for those who can’t cooperate or lack motor control to keep mouths reliably open during oral care…
The Surround® Toothbrush triple-headed pad with angled bristles ‘surround’ teeth to simultaneously brush all surfaces; perfect for those with low tolerance for daily tooth brushing, needing help with oral care, have difficulty using or holding a toothbrush or as an ‘easy-to- use’ children’s toothbrush.