Weevac 6 Infant Evacuation Stretcher
WEEVAC products including the WEEVAC 6 and adult version, WEEVAC TC are an innovative line of emergency evacuation stretcher systems, patented in Canada and the U.S.A., with other worldwide patents pending.
WEEVAC stretchers have been adopted by institutions across North America to enhance their evacuation plans – from Hawaii to New Zealand and as far away as Sarajevo Children’s Hospital with the UNHCR.
The adjustable pockets accommodate neonatal through regular nursery sized infants and made of a space-age, heat reflective material internally, and water proof material externally.
Other WEEVAC products include rescue stretchers for EMS and Search & Rescue, a marine storage system designed for the Canadian Coast Guard and a transport incubator cover designed to maximize heat and energy efficiency.
The Weevac 6 is winner of the Manning Award for Innovation, the Sir Joseph Flavelle Award for Technical Innovation, the National Research Council of Canada’s 75thAnniversary Award for Outstanding Medical Device Technology and voted one of Canada’s Top 50 Inventions of all time.
Key Features of the Weevac 6:
- Easy to handle by two people in narrow stairwells without impeding two-way emergency foot traffic.
- Folds in half for convenient storage and has an underside pouch for storing additional blankets
- Pockets adjust to the size of the babies. For smaller or premature infants, the bottom straps remain closed, to secure them in the top portion of the pocket. Full term infants use the whole pocket with the lower strap being used to secure their legs.
- Each pocket has a large reflector-tape arrow that gives rescuers fast, heads-up patient orientation and makes the stretcher easy to find in the dark.
- Material is fire resistant and has a functional load capacity of 350 lbs/159 kg.
- Lightweight, foldable aluminium frame makes the WEEVAC 6 a strong, durable and highly reliable stretcher in any emergency situation
- WEEVAC 6 fits securely on an ambulance cot
- Specifications: Weight: 8lbs(3.6kg), Width: 17″(43.2cm), Length: Open 74″(188cm) / Folded 37″(94cm)
- Fabric: 18 oz Mylar laminated vinyl and exceeds stringent requirements for The Hospital Textile Flammability Performance Requirements CGSB CAN 2-4.162-M80 and conforms to the California (US) State Fire Marshal Code NFPA-701
- Includes one storage bag and one training video (per order)
Storage and Cleaning:
- DO NOT STORE STRETCHERS: In high humidity, over 40 degrees C, in direct sunlight, stretchers must be protected from freezing and must not be stored damp
- TO CLEAN: Do not use harsh cleaners, bleach. or alcohol or a coloured disinfectant
- Open the WEEVAC 6 stretcher’s pockets completely, wipe with a soft, damp cloth using a mild solution of disinfectant and finish by wiping down with a soft dry cloth; after wiping the stretcher and pockets down leave open to dry completely before folding and putting back in the storage bag.