Open Wide® Reusable Mouth Prop
The Open Wide® Reusable Mouth Prop is made from a crush-resistant plastic and over-moulded with a soft latex-free material; the head and handle are permanently bonded together for safety and the device contains no metal parts to interfere with radiography.
Its’ distinctive ‘wraparound handle’ allows for full control of both the mouth prop and the patient’s mandible at the same time. As the handle curves away from the mouth it neither blocks nor hinders oral access, allowing the clinician to maintain control whilst preserving patient comfort and safety.
An innovative ‘receptor hole’ located within the core of the prop is designed to secure / hold an optional saliva ejector in place without requiring a second set of hands.
Best yet, the OWR unlike traditional rubber ‘wedges’ can be repeatedly autoclaved / steam sterilised without getting “gummy” or sticky.
- Latex free, the head and handle are permanently bonded together for safety and contains no metal parts to interfere with radiography
- Inventive ‘wrap around’ handle is designed to curve away from mouth, doesn’t block oral access and allows for full control of the prop and mandible at the same time.
- Cleverly designed “through the hole” receptor secures standard saliva ejector in place without the need for a second pair of hands.
- Made from highly crush-resistant hard plastic ‘over moulded’ with a soft, latex-free material that can be repeatedly autoclaved without getting gummy like other traditional wedges
- Available in pack of 3 colour coded props in small, medium and large sizes, or packs of small and medium props. Feedback from dental professionals suggest mouth prop is most effective when the largest size that is comfortable for the patient is used.
OWR 3SZS (one each, 3 sizes)
OWR 2S (2 small sizes)
OWR 2M (2 medium sizes)