Open Wide® Disposable Mouth Prop
Long favoured by Special Needs Dentists, the Open Wide Disposable Mouth Prop is the preferred mouth prop for special needs patients in dental practices, nursing homes, hospitals and home health settings; the perfect adjunct to the Surround® Toothbrush, it is an indispensable tool in helping to provide care for those patients needing assistance with oral hygiene.
The Open Wide® Mouth Prop (also referred to as a ‘bite block’ or “mouth rest”) is available in a ‘standard’ size or “thick” version, which has 40% more foam to withstand more forceful biting pressure in those with aggressive biting tendencies.
Key Features of the Open Wide® Disposable Mouth Prop:
- Wedge-shaped head accommodates most patients mouths and can be positioned ‘sideways’ or flat if oral opening is limited by physical or behavioural issues.
- Made from a special high-density foam with rigid inner wooden core to add stability and strength, making it difficult to bite through.
- Graduated wedge design has long, easy to grip foam padded handle for stability, control & comfort.
- Durable, user – friendly and highly effective in maintaining oral access making oral care safer for both patient and clinician / carer.
- Handle-end can be used for cheek retraction to facilitate oral assessment.
- OWD can be cleaned in a dishwasher or hot water for reuse with same patient and replaced as needed.
OWD-100 (pack of 100 individually wrapped props, standard size)
OWDT-100 (pack of 100 individually wrapped props, thick size)
OWD-10 (pack of 10 individually wrapped, standard size for home carers)